I'm Manolya Yilmaz (MU-noal-yuh YIL-mahz), owner and calligrapher behind Magnolia Letters & Co.
I work on calligraphy, lettering, and engraving projects exclusively for corporate brands
and a select number of luxury weddings throughout the year.
Known as a very traditional art; I try to add a modern, spirited and gentle touch to my calligraphy style.
To me, calligraphy is not limited to just paper. I like experimenting with a variety of surfaces
and challenge myself to write on anything that I can get my hands on.
My background in fashion journalism and marketing allows for easy and seamless
collaboration with brands and PR agencies. I am familiar with how they function
and I understand how important it is to make their clientele happy.
I lived most of my life in Istanbul (still go there every year to visit my family),
1 0 years in Saudi Arabia (part of dad's expat life), Chicago for more than 3 years,
and now in the NW suburbs of the city.
To me, home is truly where your heart is!
When I'm not working, I spend most of my time with our 2-year-old son
and my husband who is also working in the creative field.
- Going to thrift stores or estate sales with hopes of finding that Mid-Century gem
- Making travel plans, and actually travel
- Cooking & baking -if you love the Great British Bake Off, you are my people!-
- Going to movies because it's never the same experience as watching at home
- Trying new places in the city and pretending to be a critique
- Listening to music that makes my heart beat! Some of my favorite bands/musicians are
Arctic Monkeys, Morrissey, Twin Peaks, The Vaccines, Whitney,
Damon Albarn and his bands Blur & Gorillaz, Leon Bridges, Wild Beasts (RIP),
War On Drugs, Tame Impala... goes on forever...